Sunday, March 17, 2024

Confessions of a sad superhero book 143

 -At the Starbucks at the grove again. Just back from seeing the film The American Society Of Magical Negores- 

Also not sitting with my back turned away from everyone this time. Anxiety progress?

Moving on as I hastily place some of my comics in plastic covers to distribute....


Just the other day at work (or rather the other night) my zany co-worker was trippin. This guy will literally walk out the door then immediately call out several areas he supposedly has patrolled even though he just stepped outside. To my knowledge no one ever seems to notice or call him out. First he in a roundabout way accused me of taking his mailed Amazon packages. (He also asked me if I was OCD or something because I always complain about the cord to our company iPhone being on the floor like 98% of the time. He asked another co-worker the same thing I heard one morning) "Do you think you might have accidentally picked up one of my packages?" He asked me that because he'd seen me bringing some boxes over from our other building across the street earlier where I always get my packages delivered. Thats because I have had some things stolen before from my apt building. I was kinda flabbergasted and told him no. That was weird really. I was like "I'm not that old" I mean just to assume I would take your packages...! Then Saturday morning he asked me after coming back to the desk area to listen to music "Uh can't you  watch that upstairs?" (I was watching a Blerd without fear video on Youtube) I was like huh? Then I had to remind him he was supposed to actually be on patrol and he was tripping and that he should ay no to drugs. He somehow managed to get the time mixed up. This is honestly just a few of the numerous events at work that make me question the sanity of folks I work with. 

I can feel this person sitting nearby who has been staring at me since I came in here but I've mangaged to tune them out for the most part. Anyway I'm glad I bought my backpack with two laptops in it since the battery died just now in my Asus Chromebook. (Right now I'm on the Asus Chromebook) The voice inside told me to charge the Chromebook before I left this morning but I didn't listen. Need to be more careful in the future. Its important to me that I get out and give myself a chance to work on social skills as opposed to just sitting at home you know. So maybe every Sunday going forward I should drag myself out to see a movie and then afterwards grab a coffee. To compliment the caramel macchiato I got a lemon pound cake slice and a strawberry lemon pudding bar. Last time it was a lemon poundcake slice with a cheesecake lemon danish. I wore green since I think today is Saint Patricks day. I did miss the first 10 minutes of the movie but I figured I'd get the home video when it releases. Now I'm not so sure. From seeing the trailer the impression was there'd be more action but that wasn't the case. In fact there was no real action. This was a love story. More of what you'd call a dramedy. Pretty light on spectacle or visual effects. This would have been more suited to a release on home video. I'd say lifetime but probably this would perform better on one of the services directed more at us black folks. The story revolved around the adorable Justice Smith who joins up with a secret organization of magically gifted black folks who use their powers to make sure the balance of the world doesn't go out of wack because white folks are unhappy. Justice meets a girl he likes but she just so happens to work for a company he works for and as luck would have it the same girl is his boss at his company. I know what a crazy coincidence right? Also as luck would have it the girl plays a part in Smiths first assignment to help a white person achieve happiness in the world. So of course the rules are that one cannot fall in love with clients yet this ends up happening. This is the only real danger element in the movie. If any of the "magically inclined negroes" break the rules EVERY other magical negro loses their powers. You'd think an organization that has been around for decades would have a failsafe in place in case this type of thing happened. I know...we have to suspend disbelief if we are to enjoy these stories right? (Sigh) My problem with this film was I wish going in that I knew this was more suited for home viweing because I like my theater flicks with big action scenes and some car chases here and there. Also there needs to be some kind of climactic confrontation. Like a super powered battle or a shootout/kung fu showdown. Something. I mean there were times the film dragged with dialogue and I felt it was needless. What was missing? Maybe a shadowy type counter organization that maybe benefits from white folks being unhappy. I mean there was another similar organization but this is going into spoiler territory so I'll stop here. Not a bad movie (and I'm glad to support it) but it needed a bit more seasoning for my taste. I give it a generous 4 out of 10. 

Oh I almost forgot I got blocked on Facebook earlier and the funny thing is I saw it coming. (Time to put on the headphones and the jazz music) Lawd a lady came back to her table saying she thought someone took her laptop and it was pointed out to her by another lady that it was sitting RIGHT there on the table in front of her! Am I indeed an oasis in a desert of incompetency? Okay so back to me being blocked. Like a couple days ago I posted something about a new film that just released based on an old tv show I grew up watching. The show was called "Fall Guy" and featured Lee Majors as a bounty hunter who also was a stunt man too I think. So this new film is loosely based on that concept and its also called Fall Guy and stars Ryan Gosling. Keep in mind I am a big fan of both Ryan Gosling since I first saw him in a movie called "The Believer" where he played a psycho skinhead. I grew up watching Lee Majors in a bunch of stuff but I will always know him as Steve Austin the cybernetically enhanced spy "The Six Million Dollar man!" So yeah one can say I have a soft spot for these guys. (Yes I did love Barbie too and it wasn't just because of all the masculine scented eye candy!) in my Facebook post I went on about how psyched I was to see the Fall Guy movie and then this guy named Lukas (Ironically he was featured in my first webseries SonsofLegend) Lukas was all "They need to stop remaking everything because Hollywood ran out of ideas" He said some other stuff but I can't remember. I just told him I was looking forward to the movie and Ryan Gosling seems to be unstoppable at this point to which Lukas goes "I just watched the trailer and it looks like trash and Ryan is not unstoppable because he didn't win the oscar" I just replied I never said Ryan was unstoppable and what is your point of coming on my post? Is it to convince me I should not like the movie or are you trolling because I like something you don't? Asking for a friend?" So when I got up this morning dude hadn't responded and he was like invisible when I searched for him on Facebook. So yeah I tell you people are losing their damn minds out here. Anyway Ima play some games on my Steam Deck for a minute then its off to the market for groceries and quarters so the laundry can get done. Tomorrow I'm to go to the dentist but I may push it back to next week. Oh yeah in other news I got my new company logo design. The name is Cryptid Cookout Productions!

No comments:

Post a Comment