Thursday, March 7, 2024

Confessions of a sad superhero book 140

The last few weeks have been soooo surreal. I say that because my comic books have officially gone out into the wild. Its a wonderful feeling seeing my creation in physical form. Thanks to the success of the Kickstarter campaign I was able to get DragonManx #1 published and now I have physical copies I can sell. Of course, I also have digital digital distribution. (A guy just walked up asking for an ambulance and I told him there's nothing I can do as we are not supposed to get involved with anything that happens off the property. Also, he seemed fine aside from a small scar on his forehead. Dude was in a grey short-sleeved shirt. Brown-skinned and mid-20s at most. Handsome but something felt "off" and I noticed after he left here he walked past some people waiting for the bus across the street after approaching a man for something. I do feel bad for not opening the door to speak with him but here we have to be careful...) Back to my comic...To be frank I was surprised they gave me the okay to put some copies of my comic out here for people to take because before in the past I was not allowed to promote stuff or even promote my kickstarter campaign. This really hurt as my comic is about a black lgbt character and I just thought I would be able to get support which certainly would have helped the kickstarter campaign out but whatever. (That guy came back and he's knocking on the door again but my supervisor told me I did the right thing by not getting involved...) I still have a bunch of other books to get out since I've been working on stuff these past few years. Gerbilla. John Henry. Gamer Granny. Tohm the mouse and Harrold. Detector Pig. Sasquatch And The Mythology Sisterhood. SonsOfLegend. Sins Of Legend. Paul Bunyan. In addition to the Sasquatch cartoon and the soft reboot of live action SonsofLegend and a new manga-style comic plus a new Zorro concept and my podcast revival. Theres other stuff too I probably forgot about lurking. Its encouraging to know crowdfunding can help me get things done as opposed to dealing with investors who might try to mess around with the creation process. Ask me how I know about THAT. 

Like a week ago I  took the train out to Long Beach. This is something I usually do when I have a lot on my mind. A nice (used to be) peaceful train ride then a stroll along the beach then afterwards maybe get a bite to eat at one of the restaurants over there by the water. At least that was my plan. I was sitting there listening to Jamiroquai when these two guys got into it and one dude punched the shit out of an older gentleman. Knocking his glasses off and splattering blood everywhere. Ask me again why I dread taking public transportation. Thing is to get to Long Beach you gotta ride the train through Compton and some other areas where you have ghetto folks who don't know how to act. I've encountered drunks. People smoking. Folks blasting LOUD rap music. Also some people with serious mental issues doing crazy stuff. This whole incident here though was a reminder that I need to seriously start thinking about leaving Cali cuz its getting kinda crazy here with people losing their minds and crime becoming more common. I am not a big fan of cops because of my traumatic experience years ago where some ordered me out of a car at gunpoint in Weho because I looked like someone who robbed a store nearby allegedly. Still its becoming more and more apparent we need more of them on these streets. 

Oh yeah, I have been dreaming more frequently these days. Just yesterday I dreamt about someone using TK to push this trash bin thingie. The big metal green ones you see outside. My mind is starting to heal in some capacity from all the stuff that I've been through these past 3-4 years. Been getting better at saving money. Better at making decisions too. Still need to get dental work done. Still need to get a new passport so I can start traveling again. Seems theres always something that needs to be done. I guess. I think maybe my therapist has given up on me because we've not been able to connect for a session. It has alot to do with my sleep schedule but also she is a new mom so theres that. I think I'm doing okay. Its interesting that after having to get over Mr. Ninja I came to make peace with the prospect of being single for the rest of my life. Its easier to walk away from wanting a relationship after a painful rejection (or in my case multiple rejections). I kid not when I say I went through the wringer and had to rediscover my own self worth again then in the end I came to understand its really for my own good I stay single because these fellas be trippin and...well I have to get back to chasing the dreams and relationships that have real importance/tangibility in my life. Definitely been neglecting some things in my life and it makes me sad sometimes when I think about how much time I have wasted on the wrong people you know? We need to treasure especially the time we have left with certain family members as they get on in the years. So all this is to say I'm feeling alot better these days and for the first time in along time I truly believe I'm going to be alright. No matter how crazy things get in this world. Just have to keep my eyes on the prize as they say. 

No comments:

Post a Comment