Thursday, August 29, 2024

Confessions of a sad superhero book 163

So I just got warned about falsifying information on my daily activity report. (Something I did not do) Thing is the cameras are down and if the other officer who the supervisor caught upstairs sleeping is calling out his locations on patrol...how am I supposed to know where he is? These are the types of things that make people quit jobs. I have had a difficult time working with this particular officer and although I wish him no ill will I am glad I only have to deal with him one more day before he leaves the company. 

*Update he just came and said this is his last day and he wants to get thru it without cursing anyone out. I was like who are you expecting to curse out and he says anyone who comes at him sideways. I explained to him I had gotten chewed out and I had no idea where he was so I really don't know why he's coming at me with this weird passive aggression shit which really has nothing to do with me. So now he's off to talk to the supervisor and once again I have been dragged into some shit just because I'm trying to do my job and have done absolutely nothing wrong. Sometimes I wonder if I should sue this company for all I have had to endure working here because the stress is unreal and uncalled for.

Rant over.

*Update. 

So it happened. That thing I have been trying to avoid. Me and that certain co-worker had our blow up that has been building and I am so glad our boss happened to walk by and she squashed the whole thing even though he was still trying to go in on me and saying I was too sensitive. So what happened? I will try my best to give the complete story because I just came back from training for the new procedures and a very quick 15 min break where I tried to enjoy my free pizza from Dominos.

This all started when at approximately dude came in at 9:53pm and he asked what time it was. I said as a joke of course 10:53pm and signed him in. He sighed saying something to the effect of "Oh Lord" which I didn't think anything of. (Apparently he kept a record of that and was gonna use it against me later as crazy as that sounds.)

I went on my patrol after ordering my pizza and my radio battery was pretty much gone as it had been off the charger. So when I called out my patrol as we are supposed to do I got no response. I asked him if he got my transmission to which he replied "No. Did you get my response?" This was a clear and sarcastic response and the thing is we are not supposed to do stuff like that on the radio so after I made a stop to my locker I headed back upstairs and asked him why he said that on the radio. Then he brought up my joke at the start of the shift and I was like man I made a joke but to him I guess this was percieved as something nasty he had to get revenge for by coming at me on the radio for everyone else to hear. Things got really heated because I told him we don't have to like each other but we need to respect each other and just don't talk to me like that and at one point he said I will talk to you however the fuck I want. I was like man what is it have I wronged you in another life??? (A line I stole from Kevin Costner) Then he was going on about how I can joke and he can't because I'm too sensitive or our sense of humor is different. I really wish I had a damn body cam on me or that I could go back in time to record all our interactions because this is a situation where I don't really have much in the way of proof of his bullying type behavior or other things he does and gets away with around here. I guess they know what he does because the supervisor went up stairs to look for him after noticing he wasn't where he said on the radio as he was watching the cameras. Dude will lie in a heart beat like its nothing and then is quick to jump on any little thing he can find to make me feel bad about myself. He leaves the gate open which is a big security issue. Leaves boogers at the desk and I have caught him peeping at me from around corners when I am upstairs on my computer. He's usually at least 5 mins late every night and then comes to stand up behind me like he's in a hurry to take the desk when its time to rotate but when I come back from patrol he will stall at the desk and often I have to wait for him to get up. I can just go on and on about how difficult he is to work with and initially he seemed cool but now we have become enemies even though I have tried to move past shit even by giving him pizza when he asks and I usually don't complain when he does stuff but I am a 55 year old man who has tolerated enough bs and I'm not gonna let this trash minded individual continue to punk me or control my life. I'm tired. His last few days working here can't end fast enough. I was so upset I almost asked my boss if I could go home early and I swear dude seemed happier after seeing he'd gotten to me talking on the phone and laughing like he'd just blown a load. I guess thats what happens when you transfer negative energy to another person. He's a bully and probably used to getting away with this shit but you just can't treat people like crap without consequences. The dangerous African once told me of a co-worker he had to threaten to sue his job over due to harrassment. These things do happen and I guess folks don't think about that when they come for individuals. My thought is dude realizes he's smarter than most and because I am on his level he perceives me as a threat or competition which is why he is always on my case. Sometimes in life when they don't know what to do with you or they can't control you they try to get rid of you. Sometimes they will even go after the things you have but where do people learn this shit? I think alot of younger folks act like this because many folks these days seem to lack a moral compass. Much of the time I think society has become like this due to us losing certain social skills because of technology. I don't wanna become one of those people who hates everybody but man some folks will bring out the darkness even when you are simply trying to stay afloat and mind your own business.😐

No comments:

Post a Comment