Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Confessions of a sad superhero book 149

 The other day on my way home from Mickey D's this Latino security guard at the donut shop remarked that my black power shirt was nice. Really was nice to get a compliment from someone you know? Not something that happens often. But its amazing how something so small ans simple can make someones day you know? Being noticed. People saying nice things about you and not trying to kill you, take advantage or hinder you in some way most of the time. Theres this really cool scene in the Antwon Fisher movie where he goes home for the first time after a life of hardship and everyone is sitting around the table smiling, happy to see him and theres all this delicious looking food and...thats just such a powerful image for me. 

Been dreaming alot as usual. The other day it was a nightmare though. First one in quite some time. Some crazy evil folks were trying to get me and The Dangerous African. Not sure what they wanted but I'm sure it was nothing nice so we were running and hiding trying to get away. It was disturbingly real so I made it my business to call him. Just to say hello really but man has this mans kids put him through hell over the years. I feel so bad every time he tells me all the crazy stuff he's had to deal with. Incredible stuff that does sound like some kind of horror film. I may go visit for my birthday. Something to think about I guess. Money is tight these days though as I have so many things to focus on. Theres the cartoon and then I'm going to IGN Live this coming weekend and I may have Thurgod video us for a Nerds episode which is gonna cost. Also I have people working on a website for me so I can start selling my books and things. Yes it was expensive (!) but like James Brown would say..."You gotta pay the cost to be the boss" 

I was reading something the other day that Indie Irie posted on Instagram about taking time away from the biz to focus on self health. I was compelled to write something...my comment was that I plan to save up and give myself an extended vacation next year. We all need time out sometimes because life can be a trip and the brain needs time to heal...sadly many folks didn't get the memo. Mental health is a VERY real thing and they say brain cells don't grow back when you lose them... 

No comments:

Post a Comment