Thursday, June 6, 2024

Confessions of a sad superhero book 150

 Things wrong with the world.

1. Not letting the entire songs "When Doves Cry" and "Thriller" play. I mean why do they do that? Thriller without Vincent Price is ridiculous. When Doves Cry feels almost blasphemous without that crazy guitar and synthesizer at the end. 

2. Donald Trump still being able to run for the Presidency after all the messes he's made. I mean I know there is no other person of note to represent Republicans but man!

3. Bosses who power trip. Last week near the end of my shift my supervisor came over and told me to put the popcorn I was eating away. Then she asked me to hand it to her like I was a kid in elementary school! Also I was just told something happend over the weekend and they are cracking down on us having any type of electrical device at the desk at work. Not even our phones. Lord let me have the strength to hang in here for another year so I can save up enough money to quit. 


So my website is coming together and the company making it is already charging me $400 for that and now they are saying I need to pay like another $2000 for them to do some marketing and get some QRC codes made for my three comics. I mean I know these are important things and I wanna get an LLC to make my business legit to sell my books, "NWB" shirts and hats which would also give some tax incentives yet a co-worker said I shouldn't be putting out that much money unless I'm actually making money. To be honest I have not really made much of anything off my work and its frustrating but marketing and promotions are very important because you need to build a buzz for your product and when you come across a s a legit business you'll be taken more seriously when you present your stuff. I can't be acting like I have a million bucks though and I guess for the things I can't afford to pay for it might be a good idea to learn how to do some of these things myself as opposed to paying others to do it for me you know? 

Lately I have been watching a bunch of true crime and police videos on Youtube and its so crazy some of the things folks do or what cops have to deal with. I watched one video earlier about these two brothers who tried to kill their parents. One of the brothers was so handsome and well spoken its just insane to see someone like that making some crazy decisions that could totally derail their lives. I think about the crazy stuff The Dangerous African went thru with his kids or all the crazy things my brother did that put him at odds with my mother. Yeah when I was a youngin I did some crazy things because my brain was not mature or whatever but some of the things these kids do (especially black kids) just blows my mind. I think the future of black people might be endangered due to how some of these kids are acting who will grow up to be our future. Its in the music they listen to. How they treat each other and how they are even raising their own kids when they really have no business being parents in the first place. I see people addicted to drugs. Cigarettes. Alcohol. I see people with anger issues and immature behavior...lack of morals and mental issues...social inadequacies then you have the ones who just wanna go around robbing folks and the ones who KILL without remorse because something inside them is just broken. Yes the world had its craziness when I was coming up but the way things are now just makes me wanna not even come out of the house sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment