Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Confessions of a sad superhero book 168

 -Lunch With A Friend Continued- 

Yesterday was the last of the crazy hot days and I am soooo glad. We are talking about 104-105 degrees in Los Angeles. I don't have an A/C. All I have is a swamp cooler and its pretty effective because thankfully my place is so small. A swamp cooler is a small device that functions as a fan but you put cold water with ice in it so it acts like an A/C but the downside is they can make your place really humid. You might feel sticky and like you need to take a shower if you don't have ample ventilation. In other words keep those windows open or you might feel like your in a sauna. These things are pretty cheap but not quite as effective as an actual A/C. I'll probably end up buying one next year right before the weather heats up. 

James Earl Jones passed yesterday. He was 93 and more known in mainstream for doing the voices of The Lion King and Darth Vader. Now I had the biggest crush on James after seeing him in this movie called "Claudine" James had that voice. That beautiful bronze skin and those hazel eyes. Lawd. Anyway he is one of the all time greats and after a job well done may he rest in peaceful power as his legacy inspires future generations. 

Last night at work someone walked in the front door. This type of shit achieved legendary status when someone came in last year and stole my Steam Deck and laptop from the second floor. Some have theorized this was an inside job seeing as how the person had perfect timing while I was on patrol and nothing else was taken. Also he seemed to know exactly where to go. Anyway last night as I was exiting the building to do a rotation I had this weird sensation the door might not have closed completely behind me so I asked the guard I relieved to check on it for me. This particular door is a ticking time bomb because it has been an issue for months now and it hasn't been fixed. The door doesn't close properly when people use it and many don't check behind them to make sure it latches so apparently after maintenance used the door a transient simply walked over to pull it open to enter sometime after. I have no idea why in the world anyone in their right mind would just walk over and enter private property but I did say in their right mind right? I watched a video on youtube of a guy who broke into the house of a family because he was hopped up on drugs and dude just shot the husband who was watching tv with his wife in the head. Months ago some guy entered a home and started beating up on some young brothers until the father stepped in and beat the hell out of the stranger until police arrived. This world has really become a strange place where someone can just walk into someones home and attack them for absolutely no reason. Its carzy because the person goes to jail or maybe an institution meanwhile a family is left to grieve and this hardly seems like justice to me. So last night as a female guard sat enjoying her lunch in the lunch room she heard a voice behind her that scared her say "You know how beautiful you are?" It took some intense yelling obn her part to get the guy to leave then she notified the supervisor via radio. Now my laptop and Switch and ROG Ally game systems were just a room away down the hall and in plain view plus I had music playing on my laptop which was on the table. I usually keep music playing so the laptop won't go to sleep doing my uploads of videogameplay to Youtube. I thank the powers that made me my stuff wasn't taken again but its a real problem that folks can just walk up in here and management won't do anything about it. Also the water was off earlier and the A/C is broke next door at one of the posts. There is also a constant leak in the parking levels which has persisted for many months now after we had some heavy rains. It blows my mind this place has so many issues and is hurting for money right now and all the new procedures are really making me feel some kind of way about continuing to work here. I know this is something I have said before but the writing is on the wall that its time for me to leave. A supervisor said I have one more year left in me but I'm not sure anymore... 

So back to El my friend I had second breakfast with. El really has been like a second (or third) father to me over the years. Now this is an older white guy who is a Republican yet he has been an ally to the black community for the longest. I think due to his upbringing he sees the good in people and in true saintly manner he will go out of his way to help good people who need it. He has consistently bailed me out of financial ruin over the years and been a guiding light in some dark times. He's also a Leo like me. Not sure if that means anything. He's helped with the fostering of several kids also. Well actually maybe more than several. In most cases these were all success stories but a few of the kids I think ended up getting lost in the system. This was all their doing (except for maybe a couple exceptions) and some are behind bars. To my knowledge they all were black except one. Still El has been a trusted father figure to many over the years. He is one reason why I still believe there are; despite all the darkness, good people in this world. Truly good people. Not perfect mind you but just GOOD. El told me of some recent health scares that really got me worried. I realize as he's getting on up in the years like my parents...well I need to make sure I do better with keeping in touch you know? Because when they are gone...they are gone. (Most of the time)


No comments:

Post a Comment