I didn't come to work yesterday. Needed a mental health day. Kinda wish I'd stayed home tonight as well. One of these kids went off on me for "touching him" with the wand when I had to scan him for weapons. Some blonde, somewhat effeminate white boy who has always given me an air of hostility and indifference. It's weird how crappy people can be when you've done nothing to them. I have to remind myself at times some of these people have come up the hard way, and many of the lgbt youth here have mental problems. I mean, I have my own issues, but I've never let that be an excuse to be nasty towards anyone. Some people are just mean-spirited, and it blows my mind anyone would want to be with them. Still, they say there's someone for everyone. There's a few more generally unpleasant folks here. One is a very tall guy who likes to dress up like a woman. He's loud and one of the other guards said he's just trying to act "black," I guess, the stereotypical manner society depicts us. Some mean-spirited people seem to actually have a caring heart and they can draw folks to them because they have untapped leadership potential. One such person is no longer here due to a big fight that happened weeks ago where they played a role in beating up someone outside. It was such a crazy scene with cops everywhere and a helicopter circling the area. We've had way too many such incidents here and this is one of the reasons I take as many days off as I do. It's also why I wake up sometimes with my heart racing. Yeah, I know working at this place has traumatized me but the plan is to quit next year around the end of May. That will be my 20th anniversary working at Arkham Asylum. My nerves are shot, and my body needs a break. Also its become obvious I'm gonna need to travel to see Ojeka in Nigeria since Visas are frozen. Things have gotten serious with us and we need to spend some actual physical time in each other's presence to see what kind of chemistry we have. In other news I've been focusing on some new artistic projects. I've some good ideas honestly. Maybe one of them will get me out of security this year. Lets us pray. Now should I write an incident report on what happened with the dudette who doesn't want to be touched? Shit, I don't even like to be touched, come to think of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment